- Packing List
- Meeting Spaces
- Retreat Center Gallery
- Planning your Retreat
- New England Fiber Arts Retreat
- Maine Astronomy Retreat (MARS)
- Mindfulness Yoga & Meditation Retreat
- Feldenkrais Retreat
COME TO YOUR SENSES
The Feldenkrais(R) Method Comes to Medomak Retreat Center!
July 21-27, 2019
IMAGINE . . .
No demands on your time. A good night’s sleep in a comfortable cabin in the quiet pines, chef prepared meals, leisurely strolls, hikes, swims in a pristine lake, companionship when you want it, solitude when you need it.
And to top it all off . . .
Feldenkrais Awareness through Movement® lessons available every morning and afternoon…
At Feldenkrais Camp we re-calibrate the balance of study, rest, work and play to bring you back to the delight of being in your body.
Whether you are a student new to the Feldenkrais Method, a practitioner with years of experience, or someone who has always wanted to study but never had the time, join us for this unique experience---a Feldenkrais Retreat from July 21-27, 2019 at the picturesque Medomak Retreat Center. This retreat will focus on reconnecting with one's natural abilities to think, move, and feel. Awareness Through Movement classes (R), which were developed by the Israeli physicist, Dr. Moshe Feldenkrais, are slow, quiet, deep explorations of our inner experience of moving. Come and discover that you still have that brilliant capacity for learning to move more easily, efficiently, and comfortably.
Imagine leaving your ATM lesson and walking down a quiet path instead of a paved street, letting the uneven terrain stimulate your balance and enliven your pelvis. Demands at our Maine Retreat are kept to a minimum so that we stay in touch with the self discoveries we’ve made in the ATM. New sensations, patterns of movement, thoughts, and feelings are allowed to become integrated into our daily lives. Maine, with its pristine resources of light, water, air and the rustic charm of Camp Medomak combine with our ATM study to enhance how you see, hear, smell, taste, touch and move.
. . . I’m interested in flexible minds. What I’m interested in is restoring each person to their human dignity. . . .Moshe Feldenkrais
Feldenkrais instructors, Suzanne Thompson and Anna J-C Wolf (Johnson-Chase), combine their talents and love of teaching for this unique getaway. They bring a special sensibility into the communication of a lesson and together create a profoundly welcoming and accepting atmosphere in every aspect of this retreat so that we can explore and grow and become who we truly are. MEET THE INSTRUCTORS
Medomak Camp. Holly and George Stone are the owners of Camp Medomak and are committed to keeping the land pollution free. The wild blueberries in the field (which you are encouraged to pick) are never sprayed, the water is tested once a month and the meals served are organic, whenever possible. The yogurt and milk provided at breakfast come from their resident happy cow. Even light pollution too is intentionally kept to a minimum, so bring a flashlight for walks from the campfire back to your cabin!
Camp Medomak has been offering summer camp experiences since 1904.
Tuition costs for our leisurely week long immersion includes:
• Rooms: Private or dormitory style pine wood cabins. Pillows, blankets, linen and towels The showers are hot and clean.
• Meals: All our plentiful meals and snacks are chef prepared in our kitchen, locally sourced and predominantly organic. Be sure to let us know on your registration form about any dietary needs or preferences you might have -Chef Julia has delicious recipes for all options. Coffee and Tea are available all day. There’s a daily Happy Hour with light hours d’ouerve.
• Classes: 15 hours of ATM chosen for their ability to intrigue the professional Feldenkrais practitioner as well as the beginner in The Method. Written transcripts of all the ATM lessons are e-mailed after camp for personal use or for practitioners to use with their classes back home, so no note- taking necessary, unless you want to!
• A guided group tour on a pontoon boat at sunset that explores beautiful Lake Washington, just a short walk from the dining hall.
• Telescope viewing of the night sky: Camp Medomak has been designated a light free zone and has great views of the heavens. The Maine Astronomy Retreat is held here annually. Camp staff accompany us one night for a chance to use the large stationary telescopes and see the northern constellations and the rings of Saturn up close!
• Campfires in the evenings–heartfelt sing a longs, some guitar or banjo pickin’, and always smores!
Click the registration button at top of this site (upper right under photos) to download registration forms., or Call 1-866-MEDOMAK to register.
Private cabin: $1395 Shared cabin: $1195 Dorm: $1095
Van transportation one way from Portland Airport $52.75
A $100 non-refundable deposit is due at time of registration.
If registering after February 1st, a deposit plus half tuition will be due to hold your registration. Remaining tuition is due May 1st. If registering after May 1st, full tuition is due at time of registration. Alternate payment structures are available upon request.
Prior to March 1st tuition is refundable minus the $100 deposit fee
Cancellations made less than 8 weeks from date of arrival are non-refundable UNLESS the spots reserved are filled by others on our waiting list. If it is filled then, tuition will be refunded minus a $250 cancellation fee and the $100 dollar deposit.
REGISTRATION REMAINS OPEN THROUGH July 21st, SPACE PERMITTING.